United Nation Academy
Welcome to Legends Duel Academy , We hope that you like the site and join us and it is completely fun and free
United Nation Academy
Welcome to Legends Duel Academy , We hope that you like the site and join us and it is completely fun and free
United Nation Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

United Nation Academy Academy is a new great dueling academy, Join us you will never regret it

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
United Nation Academy is an academy to gather all members no matter your skills is to have fun, competition and make friends. Join us! you will never regret it.

Lesson #1:Reading...... Naw Kidding Missing Timing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Planeptune's NepNep
Administrator
Administrator
Planeptune's NepNep

Zodiac : Sagittarius
Posts Posts : 59

Lesson #1:Reading...... Naw Kidding Missing Timing Empty
PostSubject: Lesson #1:Reading...... Naw Kidding Missing Timing   Lesson #1:Reading...... Naw Kidding Missing Timing EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 4:21 am

Timing...... what do i think when i hear that name of the wind synchro niggas who are they well you figure that out missing timing is nothing more than missing the time to use an effect the golden rule of missing timing states "If the optional efffect in a chain is not the last one to activate it misses timing" Sometimes an optional effect can only be activated "when" a condition happens. In this case, you are only allowed to activate the effect when the activation condition being met was the last thing to happen in the game. If something else happened after the activation condition was met, then you have missed the timing , and cannot activate the optional effect. Optional effects which can miss the timing are often phrased "When... you can..."
Some ways to lose timing are stated below:
Synchro:When you synchro the last thing to happen is the monster getting synchro summoned and not counting if it has an effect anywho some monster that activate when sent to grave miss timing when synchroing now an example of not missing timing there is the beatiful dandylion since its an obligatory effect so it can't miss timing
Fields:Some cards when they get destroyed trigger an effect some if another field gets used the last thing to happen is the new field activating thus missing the timing of the last one
Spell and traps:Some spell and traps can miss timing if another thing is activated to avoid them being the last one wich this is another common scenario
Tributing:The most common of all some monster when tributed the one that got tributed loses it when sent to grave you can since it's optional and thus loses timing
Homework:
Find me 2 Examples of each of the ones up of how they can miss timing And explain why and what scenario they could lose timing
Award 70 UNA Points
Deadline:23 Of December
Good Luck

Back to top Go down
Hero

Hero

Posts Posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: Lesson #1:Reading...... Naw Kidding Missing Timing   Lesson #1:Reading...... Naw Kidding Missing Timing EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 8:43 am

Since I am first I will explain the most common one. Neo Spacian Grand mole vs Ally of Justice Catastor. Catastor is a mandatory effect meaning it has to happen. You can see this because the effect doesn't give you an option by saying "Can". Here is the next: "if this card battles a non-DARK monster: Destroy that monster". Where as grand mole doesn't have to activate because it says " You CAN return both monsters to the hand". If they battled what would happen is that catastor will have to activate first as CL1, Mole can still be chained as CL2. Since chains resolve backwards, mole will resolve returning both cards to hand or extra and catastor will resolve without an effect. So even though Catastor is mandatory it missed timing in this case since it became CL1 and resolved last.

Now lets move on to our loved archetype, dragons. No, I don't mean rulers I mean chaos dragons. We all love our pulsar + red eyes darkness metal darkness combo. When pulsar goes to the grave it revives red eyes which then revives pulsar. Its a loop. It even works when they both hit the grave at the same time. But Pulsar is not perfect even though it says when its sent to the graveyard it can summon a dark dragon type. It doesn't gets its effect when its sent for a tribute summon, a cost or if something else is resolving. It is not a mandatory effect so it misses timing a lot. It truly only manages to get its effect when its sent in battle or a simple dark hole with nothing else is resolving.

Now as a bonus I'll explain my favourite combo for those who don't know. Say you have E-Hero Zero on the field, you activate mask change. Now Masked Hero Acid is summoned. Zero and Acid are both mandatory (remember this bit). So Zero as it leaves will destroy all the monster and acid as it comes will destroy all the spell and traps. This basically means a empty field. Now here comes the tricky bit, say if someone activates starlight road, since both zero and acid are mandatory you decide what is CL1 and which is CL2 (SEGOC meaning simultaneous effects go on chain). This would mean since both are resolving your opponent can't use starlight on acid or zero depending on what you chose you want to go first. The one you place to go first will resolve no matter what. This is because starlight must chain directly to the effect its is trying to negate. Since both effects happen at the same time so you chose which you would like to resolve first. So if they got a heavy backrow, you can say oh I want to kill all dem traps (place acid first in the chain) or if they got a mass swarming field you can chose to blow that up (acid first in the chain). Who doesn't love Hero's now?

Please tell me that there is such thing as bonus points in this academy Very Happy

Last edited by Hero on Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:49 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mr.Kandy

Mr.Kandy

Posts Posts : 54

PostSubject: Re: Lesson #1:Reading...... Naw Kidding Missing Timing   Lesson #1:Reading...... Naw Kidding Missing Timing EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 11:37 am

Another common one is, Shining vs Ryko
It clearly states in e hero shining effect, "When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard...". But when Ryko effect activates and destroys Shining, shining would miss timing due to Rykos effect the "Mill 3", because of this part it is the lasts thing to happen not destroy/send to the grave shining so shining would not be able to use the effecct of its self to search from your banished.

Another one I found was Peten the Clown.
Lets say we tribute Peten the Dark Clown, Peten would miss the timing, silly clown. Why? Because of tributing we should all know the tribute is a cost to TRIBUTE summon after the monster is successfully summoned, oh you would think Peten would get the effect think again silly kids. The last thing to resolve is the tribute summon not Peten being sent to the graveyard. Just gota be watchful for those things!
Back to top Go down
sasukat

Posts Posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: Lesson #1:Reading...... Naw Kidding Missing Timing   Lesson #1:Reading...... Naw Kidding Missing Timing EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 4:56 pm

Gusto Falco and Gusto Gulldo are probably the two biggest examples of missing the timing, even if they aren't the first ones you think of. When people say Gustos, one of the first things that comes to people's minds is missing the timing. You see, the reason this is probably the best example is that not only do they have the normal problems of missing the timing, such as v.s Ryko or Soul Taker, but if you look at the cards you'll see that they are both tuner monsters. You'd think that if they are tuners, they would be worded in a way so they still get their effects if used for a synchro summon, but you would be wrong. If you synchro summon with them, they miss the timing on their effects, and as such don't get them. This greatly hinders the deck, as the deck would be a lot better if that wasn't the case (Synchro summon Sphreez, special summon a gusto monster? Yes please)

Another example of missing the timing that comes up is involving the field spell Geartown. You can normally tell that you're against someone inexperienced if they activate a field spell while they have out Geartown, to destroy that Geartown. However, in that case Geartown will miss the timing, because the last thing to happen wasn't Geartown being destroyed, it was the new field spell resolving. However, if you set your field spell to destroy Geartown, you do not have that problem and as such you get to special summon your Ancient Gear monster. You can then flip up your field spell and carry on as normal.

There are many other examples of missing the timing, but these are a couple of the ones you're more likely to find.
Back to top Go down
vanthefish

vanthefish

Posts Posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Lesson #1:Reading...... Naw Kidding Missing Timing   Lesson #1:Reading...... Naw Kidding Missing Timing EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 11:53 am

I am new about this timing thing so I may have many mistakes and wrong thinking here.
My first example is when Goblindbergh is Normal Summon, then Trap Hole activate that make the last thing to happen is Goblindberg being destroyed and the effect of Goblindberg is also optional so you miss time to activate eff of Goblindberg.
The second is when Colossal Fighter is destroyed by battle and then send to graveyard, Call Of The Haunted activates that make the last thing to happen is 1 monster is special summon and the effect of Colossal Fighter is also an optional (When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: You CAN... ) so you miss time to activate Colossal's effect.
(P.S.:Maybe there are some grammar mistakes, sorry for that.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lesson #1:Reading...... Naw Kidding Missing Timing   Lesson #1:Reading...... Naw Kidding Missing Timing Empty

Back to top Go down

Lesson #1:Reading...... Naw Kidding Missing Timing

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
United Nation Academy :: Off-Topics :: Off Topics-